BIG RIG TOWING & RECOVERY offers a wide range of heavy-duty towing and recovery services to get you back on the road as quickly as possible.
You can contact us for ALL your heavy towing and big rig needs.
We provide the following services, but this is not the complete list!
Secure inside/outside storage facility
12 and 24 Volt Boosts
Damage-free Under Reach Towing
Coach, Motor home, Bus Towing
Flatbed, Semi-truck Towing
Call Big Rig toll free at (866) 398-7444 for IMMEDIATE 24/7 service. .
If your occupation equates to life on the road, especially long-hauls, it can be challenging from diet and sleep habits, to finding ways to live a healthy lifestyle mentally, physically and emotionally. Five valuable tips key to living a balanced life:
1. Make a concerted effort to eat more nutritious meals and snacks. They can make a difference to your energy levels and overall health. Try to avoid fast food as part of your staple diet. Don’t skip breakfast – it’s still considered the most nutritious meal of the day! When stopping for meals, try to order fresh items from the menu. Packing healthy snacks such as protein bars, fruit, veggies, consuming less refined sugars and drinking lots of water (will keep you hydrated and will make you feel better while on the road) are all key. Listen to your body’s cues for hunger and fullness and thirst.
2. Make sure to move your body! Sitting for hours can be hard on your health. No matter how tired from staring at the white line for hours at a time, creating a healthier routine for yourself will energize you. Simple exercise is important so go for a walk or a jog and even invest in a small pair of dumbbells to use while on the road. By engaging in these activities consistently they can help with both physical and mental health by improving circulation, strengthening muscles, and de-stressing your mind.
3. Get good restorative sleep. Keeping a regular sleep schedule can be difficult while on the road. Sleep deprivation can not only leave you cranky, groggy and listless, not being wide awake on the road can be a safety issue. Try to consistently get adequate sleep so that you’re well rested and energized while on the road. Your physical strength and mental alertness depend on the quantity and quality of your sleep.
4. Stay connected to family and friends. Long hours alone on the road can make you feel lonely and disconnected from family and friends and your regular routine. Fortunately, technology is helpful in keeping you connected. Cell phones and options like Facetime and Skype can keep you closer and in more frequent contact with loved ones by calling or messaging. Reaching out to those you’re closest with as often as possible will help to keep your relationships strong.
We carry some of the most specialized equipment in our fleet. In fact, we are the only towing company in Alberta with a 75-ton sliding rotator — ideal for moving heavy equipment.
Big Rig’s high performance vehicles provide easy-to-move handling for a wide variety of heavy tasks and requirements, specifically, loading and unloading large conveyor belts.
To complement the 75-ton sliding rotator, we have two tri-drive wreckers, a modern, state-of-the-art, fully equipped air cushion recovery unit for up-righting rolled over tractor trailer units. Should the need arise we also have replacement tractors to tow your trailers, loaded or empty.
Call Big Rig Towing at 1 (866) 398-7444 for IMMEDIATE 24/7 service!
No matter how careful we try to be, accidents happen. When it’s a big rig travelling with a heavy load at great speeds on the highway it can make for an unpleasant disaster.
The good news in this accident is that the driver wasn’t hurt (unbelievably) but can’t say the same for the thousands of popsicles on board. Heatwave or no heatwave frozen popsicles on a stick will never survive!
If your rig has had an unfortunate rollover and needs to be uprighted, it’s time to call Big Rig Towing – always prepared for the challenge of a big rig rescue and recovery.
Call Big Rig Towing at 1 (866) 398-7444 for IMMEDIATE 24/7 service! .
If you’ve had an accident and your unit needs to be uprighted and removed from the road quickly and safely, Big Rig Towing has the solution. We are your #1 sourcefor heavy duty recoveries and the only towing company in Alberta with two tri-drive wreckers specifically designed for rollover and recovery work. For extra challenging wrecks, we have the province’s only 75-ton sliding rotator in our fleet.
To complement the wreckers, we also have a modern, state-of-the-art, fully equipped air cushion recovery unit for uprighting rolled over tractor trailer units. Should the need arise we can supply replacement tractors to tow your trailers, loaded or empty.
Call 1 (866) 398-7444 for IMMEDIATE 24/7 service if you find yourself in an emergency situation!
Big Rig Towing & Recovery provides 24-hour dispatch service that is dedicated exclusively to the transportation industry. You can rest assured that we are licensed and while your rig is in our control it is covered by the finest insurance available to our industry.
Our heavy duty towing and recovery division consists of fifteen units, thirteen tandem axle and two tri-drive units. All fifteen trucks are equipped with under reaches for damage free towing.
Towing services we provide, but are not limited to, include:
– Damage Free Under Reach Towing
– Trailer Lifts
– Coach, Motor Home, and Bus Towing and Hauling
– Tractor Swaps
– Tractor Service
– 12 and 24 volt boosts
– Indoor Secure Storage
– Outdoor Secure Storage
– Crane Service
– Air Cushion Recovery
Call 1 (866) 398-7444 for professional service! We can be reached toll-free from anywhere in North America.
Icy conditions led to this rig tipping over and sliding off the road. Luckily the hydro lines stayed up and no one was hurt.
Unfortunately the cargo wasn’t so lucky. Most of the thousands of eggs traveling in this trailer didn’t make it. Fortunately the hydro lines didn’t come down or it could have been the world’s biggest omelet.
Big Rig Towing is called to many different scenarios and often work with any number of our provinces other services. In this case they work hand in hand with Fortis an Alberta Electricity Provider to clear the lines and recover the big rig.
For any Heavy Duty tow truck operator continued education is a must. At Big Rig Towing the staff goes through extensive training every year to become familiar with new technology and techniques that apply to towing heavy equipment and rigs.